
Bayern Munich sporting director Christoph Freund appeared to aim a dig at Newcastle United following their agreement with Stuttgart that will see Nick Woltemade head to Tyneside.
The 23-year-old is poised to complete his switch to Newcastle this weekend and ChronicleLive understands that the financial package for the Germany international stands at £60.5million which could rise to £65m overall.
The deal represents a major coup for the club, who have spent much of the summer chasing forward options but encountered repeated obstacles.
The Magpies had been hunting for a replacement for Callum Wilson before Alexander Isak voiced his intention to explore fresh challenges.
With Isak's future remaining uncertain, the club are looking to strengthen Eddie Howe's attacking options further before Monday's 7pm deadline.
Bayern had monitored Woltemade throughout the summer as a potential long-term heir to Harry Kane, but following his switch to Newcastle, the German powerhouse appear distinctly unimpressed.
"Bayern Munich is Bayern Munich, a very, very big club," said Freund. "The boys can win titles here, we can offer them very interesting options internationally, and domestically as well.
"It's always the player's decision. We at Bayern Munich are very, very attractive, we notice that again and again when we talk to players. Financially, the Premier League is in a different league. You have discussions, you have a certain relationship.
"Ultimately, it's the player's decision as to what's the best step for his career. We're not involved in that. The sums of money involved; how much money is at stake; that they have brutal opportunities in the Premier League. Not just two or three clubs, many clubs. Newcastle is a good club, but not the top tier."
Stuttgart issued a statement on Thursday evening: "VfB has received an offer from a European club for an immediate transfer. Shortly before the summer transfer window closed, VfB Stuttgart received an offer from a European club for an immediate transfer of Nick Woltemade.
"The terms of this offer have prompted club officials to release Nick Woltemade from training and matchday duties in order to hold talks with the interested party about a potential transfer. A decision on this is expected before the end of tomorrow, Friday."
After Newcastle confirmed his move, head coach Eddie Howe said: "We're delighted to get Nick's signing over the line so quickly. He fits the profile for exactly what we have been looking to add to our attacking options.
"He's strong in a lot of areas - he has great technical ability and has proven himself to be a real threat in one of Europe's top leagues - but he's also still at an age where he has plenty of room to develop and grow here.
"Nick is a great character too and we're really pleased to welcome him to the group."
You may also like
“Apple 'Awe Dropping' Event 2025: iPhone 17 lineup, AI features, Apple Watch Series 11 & more expected”
After two brain surgeries, Sadhguru rides to Kailash Mansarover Yatra on motorcycle to prove power of yoga
Bihar CM Launches Women Employment Scheme: ₹10,000 Initial Grant, Up to ₹2 Lakh for Every Family's Woman
Why prosecutors want the death penalty for Luigi Mangione, accused killer of UnitedHealthcare CEO
Man, 25, marries partner for heartbreaking reason